Vertex / Edge / Polygon tool¶
There are 4 types of elements you can select and transform.
- Vertex - A point containing position, uv and color.
- Edge - Two connected vertices.
- Polygon - A simple polygon that can have holes.
To begin to transform elements, you have to select them at first. Which type of elements is transformed depends on what tool is selected in the inspector.
LMBon an element.
Rchanges the current gizmo like Unity.
SHIFTwhile dragging a gizmo, the selected elements are extruded.
CTRLwhile dragging a translation gizmo and moving to another vertex, the selected elements’ selected axis’s value will be snapped to the vertex. This is called
CTRLwhile dragging a gizmo, the selected elements are transformed separately from the adjacent polygons.
- Select Only Visible
- If on, Selects only visible vertices/edges/polygons from a camera. Occluded elements from other polygons will not be selected. This is available only when the game object has MeshCollider component.
- How distant the selected elements move. This is only available as translation gizmo is enabled.
- Snap To Polygon
- An edge is snapped to a close polygon within a specific distance. This is only available as the edge is being translated.
- Snap To Vertex
- A vertex is snapped to the other close vertex within a specific distance. This is only available as the vertex is being translated.
- Cursor As Pivot
- Rotates the selected elements around the 3D cursor.
- Move To Cursor
- Moves the current selected elements to the 3D cursor position.
- Insert Vertex
- Inserts a vertex to an adjacent edge to avoid T-junction.
Object mode. You can select and transform an object.
3D Cursor tool¶
Sets a position of 3D cursor, which is used as a pivot of transfoming or target position or anything, by clicking on a blue box or dragging a translation gizmo.
Cursorin the inspector.
Sets a position of a pivot of the current object by clicking on a blue box or dragging a translation gizmo.
- Candidate Set
Bound Box- Position set coming from the bound box.
Polygon- Position set coming from the vertices from the polygons.
Moves a polygon to the specific position. This tool can be used to set a profile polygon for
- Flips the selected polygon horizontally.
- Selects a position.
- Goes back to the previous step or exits the Snap tool.
Flips the polygon horizontally.